To configure or edit your home section:
- Once logged in to MONESQ, click the 'Settings' from the menu on the left side of the screen
- Click 'Professional Website' from the top menu of the settings page
- Click 'Customize your website'
From the Editing screen, look for the 'Home' section in the configuration menu on the right. Click to expand it:
Make any desired edits to your home page:
This appears in the banner area of your home page. You can use a maximum of 75 characters.
This appears directly underneath your Title and can contain up to 100 characters.
Contact Form Button
Here you can determine whether you want a contact button to appear in the banner space of your home page, and edit the text of the button.
- To remove the contact button from your banner space, set the toggle switch to the off position
- To edit the contact button text, replace the default text in the 'Text on button' field
You can set a background color or use a custom image as a background for your home page content.
Using a Background Color
- Click 'Color' from the 'Background' area of the 'Home' section:
- Next, click the color box to the left of 'Background color'. This will open up a color selection tool. Here you can use the sliders to manually select a color, or enter hex codes or RGB values (when you're trying to match a specific color.) These codes can be found by opening the logo or image that contains that color in most photo editing applications and using the appropriate tools to find the color code. Or you can ask your designer.
Using a Background Image
If you prefer, you can use a background image instead of a color. To add a background image:
- Select 'Custom image' from the "Background' area of the 'HOME' section:
- NOTE: Images should be at least 2,000 pixels wide to accommodate larger monitors. Height is variable and some cropping nay occur depending on how much text you are using in your home section.
- Drag and drop the photo you wish to use, or click 'select file' to locate an image on your hard drive. Here are some important considerations as you select an image:
- Make sure you aren't using a copyright-protected image without the appropriate license.
- Make sure you use any required attribution for the photo you've chosen.
- Perform a Google Image search. Click 'Tools' on the right side of the search engine results page. Click 'Usage Rights' from the resulting menu. Selecting "Creative commons licenses' will filter your image search to include only those images you are most likely to be able to use without purchasing a license.
- You may also visit royalty free or free image sites, such as https://www.publicdomainpictures.net/en/ to search for images. Be cautious here, as you will also see sponsored search results in many of these sites. These images must be licensed.
- IMPORTANT: You must still ensure that you research permissions/usage requirements for each image you select to ensure they are available for commercial use.
- Make sure that the image you select allows your title and subtitle text to show up well. For example, if you choose white text on your home page, use a darker image without lots of bright spots that compete with your text. If you're using black text, use a light color background image without lot of dark spot that compete with your text.
- NOTE: You can change the color of your home page text in the 'Design' section of the website editor menu
When you are satisfied with your Home section edits, click the 'Publish' button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Editing the Header and Footer
- Editing the About section
- Editing the Practice Areas section
- Editing the Information section
- Editing the Team Members section
- Editing the Locations section
- Editing the Contact Form section
- Editing the Other (SEO) section
- Hiding or displaying sections
- Changing your site's design
Article is closed for comments.