Click on the white '+' circle and select 'Deadline' from the drop-down menu:
You will be presented with the 'Deadline' tab of the new entry screen:
Populate deadline information:
- Subject: Provide the name/subject of the deadline.
- Previously used names are remembered for easy access.
- Color: Select the color you wish to associate with your deadline
- Due date: Specify the date on which the deadline occurs
- Time: Specify the time of your deadline
- Repeat: Set the recurrence interval you wish to attribute to your task. To create a recurring task, set your Repeat frequency (Never, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Every year, Custom):
Clicking "Custom' will allow you to set custom recurrence patterns:
- Duration: When you establish a repeating task, you may also specify the duration for which you wish to have the task repeat:
- Type: Specify the type of deadline
- Examples are contract renewal/expiration, court deadline, filing deadline, statute of limitations, etc.
To associate your deadline with a contact or matter, add people to the watchlist or block time on your calendar, or provide a description, click the 'More options' link:
On the ensuing screen, add the additional information you wish to associate with your deadline:
- Contact: Select the contact this deadline pertains to
- Matter: Select the matter this deadline pertains to
- Add to watchlist: Add team members or contacts to the deadline's watchlist so they can track with progress.
- Block time on calendar: Reserve time on your calendar to work related to your deadline.
- NOTE: This function is currently not available for repeating deadlines
- Description: Enter a description for your deadline
When you have finished populating your task information and any related assignments, click 'Save & continue' to save your task and send notification to your team members or contacts.