Sometimes it may be necessary to transfer funds from a contact level trust to any matter level trust under that contact, or visa versa - or from any matter level trust under the same contact. MONESQ Plus provides you with the tools you need to make these transfers.
- IMPORTANT: Please make sure that you have the appropriate client authorization to make the transfer.
Initiating a transfer
To initiate a transfer, Click the white '+ New' button in the header and then select 'Transfer funds' from the list:
You may also initiate a transfer from your Trust accounting dashboard:
- Click 'Trust' in the menu bar on the left:
- From the trust accounting dashboard, click the the white '+' button at the top left corner of your dashboard next to 'Transactions':
- Click 'Trust transfer" from the menu:
Making the transfer
Either approach for initiating your transfer will produce a trust transfer screen:
- Select a contact: Select the contact for whom you would like to transfer funds.
- Transfer from: Select the mater you'd like to transfer funds from.
- Transfer to: Select the matter you'd like to transfer funds to.
- Amount to transfer: Specify the amount you'd like to transfer
- Description: Please provide a description of this transfer
- Attach files: If you'd like to include a file with this transfer, drag and drop that file into this window, or click 'select file' and browse your system to locate it.
When you are ready, click the 'Enter Funds transfer' button to complete your transfer.