There are two ways to deposit funds into your trust account.
Invoices and payments to Trust
The first way to deposit funds into Trust is to generate an invoice to Trust and receive payment on it. For invoices paid using eChecks or credit/debit cards, funds are automatically deposited into the trust account. For Cash, Check, or Other payment types, you'll need to create a deposit slip and take it to the bank.
Manual Trust deposits
If need be, you can create a trust deposit manually. For contacts that do not yet have a trust ledger established, a Contact Ledger will automatically be created in this process. NOTE: When manually recording a deposit without generating an invoice and receiving payment, be sure to provide a receipt to the contact.
Generating a Trust deposit manually:
Log in to MONESQ and click the white '+ New' button in the upper left corner of the screen:
Select 'Trust deposit' from the menu:
This will produce the deposit screen:
On this screen, provide the following information:
- Payment information
- Contact / Matter trust ledger: Select the contact you'd like to make a deposit for and (if it already exists) the matter trust ledger it should be associated with.
- Amount: Enter the amount of the deposit.
- Payment method: Enter the method by which you received the funds for this deposit from the contact (Cash, Check, Wire transfer, Other)
- Memo /Purpose: Enter information about this payment.
- Add a payment: If you are including more than one payment to the deposit, click the 'Add a payment' button and populate the details for any subsequent payments.
- Deposit Details:
- Amount: As you add additional payments, the 'Amount' field in this section will change to reflect your deposit total.
- Deposit date: Enter a deposit date. (You must select the current or a prior date)
When ready, click the 'Make deposit' button. This will produce the deposit summary screen, where you can download a PDF or print a deposit slip:
To close this window click the 'X' in the upper left corner of the screen
Please sign in to leave a comment.